Date: Saturday, July 21st, 2018
Time: 9:00 am
Event Description: The Goodwill Refuse To Abuse® 5K at Safeco Field is a unique 5K fun run/walk that takes you around every level of Safeco Field, from the top to the players’ tunnel to the final lap around the field. Stepping out on the field level of a major league ball park is an awe-inspiring moment that few have experienced! Funds raised benefit the Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence and their statewide violence prevention and education work.
- 7:00 am "doors open” on plaza next to the Safeco Field parking garage
- 7:00-8:30 am packet pick-up and on-site registration
- 8:30 am packet pick-up and on-site registration end, proceed to start
- 9:00 am start
- 10:00 am awards ceremony
- 11:00 am course closes/event ends
- 11:30 am free parking for event participants ends at Safeco Field parking garage
- 7:10 pm Refuse To Abuse® Mariners game vs. Chicago White Sox. Discounted tickets available here.
Location: Safeco Field, 1250 First Ave. South, Seattle, WA 98134
- $40 early registration (through June 21, 2018 at 11:59 pm US/Pacific)
- $45 registration (June 22, 2018 through July 18, 2018 at 11:59 pm US/Pacific)
- $25 youth rate (12 & under)
Your registration includes:
- free parking at Safeco Field during the event
- finisher’s medal
- technical shirt
- event goody bag
- discounted tickets to the July 21 Mariners game vs. Chicago White Sox. Purchase discounted tickets here.
- no pets are allowed at this event
Directions: Up-to-date directions from mariners.mlb.com
Parking: Your registration includes free parking at the Safeco Field Parking Garage, located just south of the ballpark on Edgar Martinez Drive. Print your registration confirmation and bring it with you on race day to present to the parking attendant. Can't find your registration confirmation? Click here and enter your name in the "Confirm An Entry" section in the left margin. Follow the prompt to have your confirmation email re-sent.
Additional paid parking is available at the Century Link Event Center Garage, located just north of the ballpark on Royal Brougham Way.
Timing: This event will be timed with electronic tag timing using MYLAPS Sports technology. Your chip is on your race bib and must be worn during the event, or your results will not be recorded.
Awards: All participants receive a finisher's medal and technical shirt. Awards will be given to:
- overall top 3 male and female finishers
- top 3 individual fundraisers and top fundraising team
- prize package for top individual fundraiser includes an honorary first pitch at the July 30th Mariners game; the top fundraising team gets a luxury suite at the July 30th Mariners game (seats up to 20)! Start raising money today!